However, for me LF2 will run with not all of the listed requirements, which are mentioned in the topic installed:
- wine (install using package manager)
- winetricks (install using package manager)
- vcrun2005 (install using winetricks, I installed 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010 versions)
- d3dx9 (install using winetricks, more specific: d3dx9_36)
- wmp9 (optional, when you don't want to have the background music playing)
- quartz (optional, don't know why it's needed)
- devenum (optional, don't know why it's needed)
Next I want to quote MangaD from the comment section:
- wmp9 (Windows Media Player 9) is actually for the background music to work. Without wmp9, the bgm music does not play, because the codecs are missing.
- quartz is a library with functions for DirectShow, a part of DirectX, that is responsible for playing the bgm. LF2 needs it for DirectShow to work, and then it uses the codecs from Windows Media Player. If wmp9 is not installed, the game won't run if quartz is installed.
- Devenum is a module that functions for the DirectShow API which enables the generation of dynamic information for a number of devices. This means that details on waveIN and waveOUT devices will be provided by this DLL. More info: http://dll.paretologic.com/detail.php/devenum
Without these 3 libraries, LF2 bgm won't play, and the error "could not create a filter graph for this file" shows up.
Furthermore MangaD mentions that d3dx9 is not required.